OTROS SERVICIOS/OTHER SERVICES:
PERMISO DE TRABAJO/ WORK PERMIT:
El Consulado no gestiona permisos de trabajo, pero en el siguiente link encontrará información sobre cómo proceder.
The consulate does not transact work permits, but on the following link you will find information about how to proceed.
APLICACIÓN PARA RENOVACIÓN DE PASAPORTE/APPLICATION FOR REPLACEMENT OF LOST OR STOLEN PASSPORT:
La renovación del pasaporte se tramita en la Agencia de Inmigración en Jamaica. Este es un trámite únicamente para ciudadanos Jamaiquinos. Por ello, la siguiente información está solo en inglés.
Jamaican Passports are the property of the Government of Jamaica. The loss of a passport must therefore be reported immediately to the police station nearest to the place where the loss or theft occurred or nearest to your place of residence.
All applications for passports, including lost or stolen passports, are processed at the Passport, Immigration and Citizenship Agency (PICA) in Kingston, Jamaica.
Passport Application Forms may be downloaded and printed from this website. Please read the instructions carefully before completing the Form. The completed Application Form should be submitted to this Embassy of Jamaica in Brussels along with the following documents for onward transmission to PICA for processing:
- Police Report of loss/theft of passport
- Details of Lost Passport (e.g. number, date of issue etc) if available]
- The applicant’s Birth Certificate (a photocopy will not be accepted) – with an official English translation if the document was issued in another language
- Certified copy of nationality /citizenship document, if applicable
- The applicant’s Marriage Certificate if you are or have been married – with an official English translation if the document was issued in another language
- Three (3) identical Colour Photographs taken within the last six months, one of which should be signed by a Notary Public or Consular Officer*who should also sign Section G of the application form (digital or instant photographs on flimsy paper will not be accepted)
- Divorce Decree (where applicable)
- For Minors – please also submit a copy of the first five pages of the passport of the parent/guardian who signs at sections D & E of the Application Form
- A certified copy of one (1) of the following valid documents:
- Jamaican National Voter’s ID
- Jamaican Driver’s Licence
- Certificate of Residence (resident card ) from country of residence
- Driver’s licence from country of residence
- Work Permit (bearing a photograph) from the country of residence
N.B. All documents that were not issued in English must be translated by a certified translator and legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the applicant’s country of residence.
*Certification of the Passport Application Form and photograph can be done at the nearest Jamaican Embassy or Consular Post
PAYMENT OF FEES
The Applicant is required to submit the following payments to this Embassy:
- Lost Passport Fee: To be paid by Bank Draft made payable to Passport, Immigration and Citizenship Agency, Jamaica in the amount of One Hundred Pounds Sterling (£100.00) for an Adult or Fifty Pounds Sterling (£50.00) for a Minor o Consular Fee and Postage: Twenty Euros (€20.00) cash, to be paid by bank transfer directly to the bank account of the Embassy of Jamaica – Brussels. The details are as follows:
Embassy of Jamaica
ING, Rond Point Schuman 8
Account N°310 -1389882-55
IBAN No: BE31 3101 3898 8255
Please ensure that the name of the Passport Applicant is cited in the communication to the bank. It is also important to note that transfer charges to the above bank account must be borne by the payee.
Other useful information
1.Adults must ensure that their signature is affixed in the box located at the top of page 2. The signature should be in the middle of the box and in a horizontal line and should not touch the lines of the box)
2. Adults must ensure that Section E, “Declaration of Applicant” is also signed (signature should be identical to one in the box at page 2). Parent/Guardian should sign this section for Minors.
3. Please ensure that Section G is completed, i.e. the details of two (2) Emergency Contacts must be affixed.
4. Photographs are to be taken against a plain light-coloured background (preferably off-white).
In addition, please pay special attention to the following requirements for the photographs:
- photos should not be more than six months old;
- 35-45 mm in width;
- the Applicant’s face should cover 70-80 % of the photograph and the applicant’s ears and forehead should be fully visible
- skin tones should be natural;
- photos should have appropriate brightness and contrast;
- photos should be printed on high quality paper at high resolution;
- where digital camera is used the photograph should be high quality colour and printed on photo quality paper;
- if the Applicant wears eyeglasses, please ensure that the frame does not cover or cut off any part of the eye/s. If the glasses frames are big or thick, it is advisable to remove the glasses prior to taking the photo.
- the Applicant’s eyes should be open and clearly visible;
- photos should be taken in uniform lighting and should not have shadows or flash reflections;
- Red eye photos are not accepted;
- No stamps or seal should be used on the photograph. Only one photograph should bear
the following inscription of a Notary Public or Consular Officer on the back: “I certify that
this is a true photograph of the applicant —————————–“.
- Processing time: minimum of Twelve (12) weeks. Applicants are advised not to make travel arrangement while the passport is being processed.